Welcome to my website. My name is Brian Grove. I’ve been a published author since 2004. What have I written? Well, I’ll get to that in a minute. First of all please let me tell you a bit about this site.
I created this website because of the amount of authors today who are struggling to find a traditional, royalty paying book deal from a real publisher. One who shoulders all the financial risk, and pays an advance upon signature of contract.
The aim of this site is simple: To create the largest dedicated free database of traditional, advance paying book publishers who are accepting submissions from all authors, whether or not they are represented by an agent. Publishers that have been properly researched, are regularly updated, are accepting submissions, and pay an advance against royalties.
All of the book publishers listed on this site:
- Must be currently accepting submissions from all authors, whether or not they have been previously published, or are represented by an agent.
- Will either have told me personally, or have stated clearly elsewhere that they pay authors advances upon signature of the contract.
- Pay royalties to their authors once the advance has been earned out. The only exception to this being the handful of publishers who offer to buy work outright.
On this site you will find traditional publishers in the United States, Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, and others who publish authors around the world. All of them are accepting submissions from unrepresented authors, and all paying an advance.
My website and database of publishers is completely free to access. It also contains a few useful articles to help you get your first publishing deal. I have personal experience of this. I also have something that can help considerably, but that’s optional.
So, what now?
- Click on the databases of publishers that interest you in the menu opposite.
- Go through the publishers/genres and click on the links for further information.
- Submit your work carefully following each of the submission guidelines provided.
If you need more information you can also contact me. I will try to help you if I can. Please note though; I do not represent authors. I’m often asked to do this, and I always say no. I don’t have the expertise, let alone the time. If you feel you need representation you will need to secure a literary agent.
If you would like to see my book at Little, Brown Book Group click here (authors G). In this instance, I’m on the same page as Germaine Greer.