I created this site because of the amount of authors today who are struggling to find a traditional, advance paying book publishing deal. A real publisher that offers an advance against royalties, shoulders all the financial risk (as real publishers should), and pays royalties on sales.
The aim of this site is simple: To create the largest free database of traditional, advance paying publishers on the internet. One that is well researched, regularly updated, and lists only reputable traditional book publishers who pay an advance against royalties.
Every book publisher listed on this site:
- Will either have told me personally, or have stated clearly that they pay an advance against royalties upon signature of the contract.
- Must be currently accepting submissions from all authors, whether or not they are represented by an agent.
- Pay royalties to their authors once the advance has been earned out. The only exception is the handful of publishers on this site who offer to buy books outright.
My website and database of publishers is free to access. My site also contains useful articles to help you get your first publishing deal. I have personal experience of this. I also have an ebook that can help considerably when approaching publishers, but that’s optional.
So, what now?
- Click on the database of publishers in the menu opposite (for your country).
- Go through the genres of interest and click on the links for more information.
- Submit your work carefully following each publishers’ submission guidelines.
You can also contact me here, and I will help you if I can. Please note though; I don’t represent authors. I’m often asked if I’d do this, and I always say no. I don’t have the expertise, let alone the time. If you need representation, you will need to secure a literary agent.
If you’d like to see my published book click here (authors G).