I created this site because of the amount of authors today who are struggling to find traditional, non-vanity/non fee charging book publishers. A real publisher that charges nothing up-front for a publishing deal, shoulders all the financial risk (as real publishers should), and pays royalties on sales, and in some cases an advance.
The aim of this site is simple: To create the largest free database of non-fee charging traditional publishers on the internet. One that is properly researched, regularly updated, and lists only reputable traditional book publishers. All the book publishers on this site:
- Will either have told me personally, or have stated clearly on their website that they charge authors no upfront fees whatsoever for a publishing deal.
- Must be currently accepting submissions from all authors, whether or not they are represented by an agent.
- Pay royalties to their authors based on book sales. Some also offer an advance.
My website and database of publishers is free to access (unlike other websites containing similar information). My site also contains useful articles to help you get your first publishing deal. I have personal experience of this. I also have an ebook that can help you enormously when approaching publishers, but that’s optional.
So, what now?
- Click on the database of book publishers in the menu opposite (for your country).
- Go through the publishers and genres of interest and click on the links for more information.
- Submit your work carefully following each publishers’ submission guidelines.
You can also contact me here, and I will help you if I can. Please note though; I don’t represent authors. I’m often asked if I’d do this, and I always say no. I don’t have the time, let alone the expertise. If you need representation, you will need to secure a literary agent.
I hope the information on my website helps you secure a publishing deal. If you would like to see my published book click here (authors G).