Welcome to my website. My name is Brian Grove. I’ve been a published author since 2004. What have I written? Well, I’ll get to that in a minute. First of all please let me tell you a bit about this site.
I created this website because of the amount of authors today who are struggling to find a traditional, royalty paying book deal from real publishers who shoulder all the financial risk, and pay an advance on signature of contract.
The aim of this site is simple: To create the largest, free database of traditional, advance paying publishers, who are accepting submissions from all authors, on the internet. One that has been properly researched, is regularly updated, and only lists traditional book publishers who pay an advance against royalties.
The book publishers listed on this site:
- Will either have told me personally, or have stated clearly somewhere that they pay authors advances upon signature of the contract.
- Must be currently accepting submissions from all authors, whether or not they are represented by an agent.
- Pay royalties to their authors once the advance has been earned out. The only exception is the handful of publishers on this site who offer to buy work outright.
My website and database of publishers is completely free to access. My site also contains a few useful articles to help you get your first publishing deal. I have personal experience of doing this. I also have an ebook available that can help considerably, but that’s optional.
So, what now?
- Click on the database of publishers in the menu opposite (for your country).
- Go through the genres of interest and click on the links for more information.
- Submit your work carefully following each the submission guidelines provided.
If you need more information you can also contact me here, and I will help you if I can. Please note though; I do not represent authors. I’m often asked to do this, and I always say no. I don’t have the expertise, let alone the time. If you need representation you will need to secure a literary agent.
If you’d like to see my published book at Little, Brown Book Group click here (authors G). In this instance, I’m on the same page as Germaine Greer.